We currently have the following roles available:
Marketing Executive / SEO Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Location: Canterbury, Kent
Term: Full Time
Start date: Immediate
About Mulberry Cottages
Since launching in 2006, Mulberry Cottages has grown and evolved into a highly renowned holiday letting agency. Today Mulberry has a stunning collection of over 600 holiday properties across England, and is ever growing.
Mulberry properties suit everyone’s needs; large holiday homes, romantic love-nests, stylish city pads and pet friendly cottages. Our properties are in the country’s most desirable locations giving our guests a large and varied choice. We work in partnership with our owners to offer exceptionally high levels of service and a unique experience for all our guests to create an unforgettable, self-catering holiday experience.
We’re an e-commerce with a good foundation in Organic Search Traffic and now we are looking for an SEO expert to take us to the next level. You’ll manage our on-site optimisation, create optimised user-centric content, and kick-start our link acquisition activity. Our goal is to grow our organic share of voice substantially, and you’ll be a key part of that.
You will be responsible for managing all SEO activities such as content strategy, link building, and keyword strategy in order to increase rankings on all major search engines. You’ll be working as part of a team of 5, with the chance for cross-channel exposure from the get-go.
You will know your penguins from your pandas and your hummingbirds from your pigeons, and be an expert in all things Google. You’re an excellent writer, both from a technical SEO viewpoint, and at creating engaging content for browsers.
You know all the tricks to get the very best rankings from a webpage and are familiar with tool sets like SEMRush for expanding keyword strategies. You’ll be a quick learner when it comes to website admin panels, and unafraid of getting stuck in.
Perhaps you’ve grown tired of Agency Life and would like to get in-depth with a single brand client-side, or you already hold a client-side role with remit for SEO and fancy a new challenge in an environment where your impact will be felt.
You’ll be able to embrace new challenges and take on projects outside of the SEO remit as part of our tight-knit marketing team, your opinion counts and you’ll be exposed to all of areas of the business including the senior team where good ideas are always welcomed.
- Optimise copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation
- Research and implement search engine optimisation recommendations
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Creation of rich editorial SEO content for use on our websites
- Identify and approach websites for link acquisition, seeing this through from inception to delivery
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure SEO best practice is consistently deployed throughout all activity
- Proven SEO experience either with a Digital Marketing Agency or in a Client Side role specialising in this function
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- In-depth experience with Google Analytics
- In-depth experience with SEMRush or an equivalent toolset
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS a bonus
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Head of Marketing
Please ensure you state your salary expectations in your cover letter.